Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What literacies are you addressing in your field study?

My field study is looking at bridging the gap between how girls and boys engage and value reading. I am taking into account the different learning styles in my classroom and what activities are more "boy friendly". After having done some research, I am developing literacy centers. Centers will allow for students to choose activities that encourage differentiated learning. It will also provide me with the time I need to pull small groups aside for guided reading. I am looking at the layout of my classroom that will allow for movement between the centers as well as areas for group work, buddy work, and independent work. A variety of reading materials ( magazines, fiction, non fiction books) have been organized into bins. I have planned for the use of game boards, computer, ipods, lego, plastercine, and drawing paper to be used to develop writing and word study skills. I hope to evaluate the centers them in a few weeks and make any adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment