Friday, August 27, 2010

Reflection

Today is the last day of our summer course. It's been a good learning experience. I have learned so much about what is available to me on the web to support my teaching, collaborated through PLN's, read interesting articles, and blogged! All of what we have done has led each one of us toward a inquiry. I enjoyed hearing my colleagues tell about their field study proposals. As always I am inspired, amazed, and proud of the hard work and passion teachers put into improving their practice and the compassion they feel for their students.
For my fall study I have decided to concentrate on developing a "boy friendly" classroom by incorporating activities that lend to the
potential differences in learning styles and thereby providing more equitable learning opportunities for both boys and girls. I am going to look at the research for how boys learn best and incorporate ideas into learning centers and into my reading activities.
My hope is to keep all my students engaged and motivated but more importantly to develop a love for learning and a feeling that they all can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment